Types of Cabinet Handles to Consider in Your Kitchen Renovation
Have you ever considered that a small tweak could redefine your kitchen’s entire look? Switching up those cabinet handles will instantly breathe new life into your space, making a huge difference in the aesthetics and functionality of your kitchen.
At Hardware Concepts, we want you to be able to choose pieces that pack a punch, which is why we make luxury designs accessible for every Aussie household. From brass to stone, we offer a wide variety so that you can always find the right pieces that seamlessly blend with your existing style.
If you’re keen to change things up, but not sure where to start, you’re in the right place. Keep reading to explore the world of the most common types of handles for kitchen cabinets and discover the ideal match for your kitchen.
Classic Brass Cabinet Handles
Brass is such a timeless material, exuding a mix of elegance and durability. And with its warm, golden sheen, it’s an instant pick-me-up that brings a luxe touch to your space, without breaking the bank.
Brass pull handles not only provide a vintage touch, but they also stand the test of time. Here are a couple of reasons why you should consider them for your home:
- Durability – Brass is known for its long lifespan. It doesn’t rust, and it maintains its sheen for years, making it durable against daily wear and tear.
- Versatility – Whether you’re going for a modern or traditional look. A brass handle can seamlessly fit in with any aesthetic or style.
Our range of brass cabinet handles come in various shapes to suit any kitchen. Curved handles, round knobs, long and thin pull handles – each one is unique in its look and feel, adding a sophisticated touch with such clean, crisp design.
One of our staff favourite picks is the Arc Solid Brass Pull Handle. It adds a wow-factor to any cabinet by providing such a contemporary look, yet the brass design gives it a timeless feel. A match made in heaven!
Sleek Drawer Handles
While the name suggests they’re exclusive to drawers, drawer handles can work wonders for kitchen cabinets too. They offer both form and function without overwhelming a space, especially in modern homes where clean lines and clutter-free designs are typically favoured.
One often overlooked advantage of these handles is their ergonomic design. The elongated structure gives you an easy grip, which not only ensures accessibility for everyone in the household, but also makes those busy mornings a breeze when you’re rushing in the kitchen.
If you love beautiful, sleek pulls as much as us, we know you’ll fall head-over-heels for our Hemi Nero Marble Handle. Crafted from solid terrazzo marble, its design is inherently unique, with gorgeous veins that give a natural look. Combined with its black hue, we love how it balances organic and modern in one.
The All-Rounder – Kitchen Cabinet Hardware
When looking at kitchen cabinet hardware, there’s such a broad spectrum to consider. From traditional knobs to contemporary pulls, the choices really are endless. If you’re unsure about which design to go for, consider the overall theme of your kitchen and use these tips:
- Think Beyond Handles – Remember, hardware includes knobs, pulls, hinges, and even backplates. Diversify your choices for a cohesive look.
- Material Matters: Whether it's brass, stone, or anything in-between, ensure that the hardware material complements other elements of your kitchen.
- Easy Installation: Opt for hardware that comes with clear instructions and requires minimal tools. This not only saves you time but also ensures longevity and that the hardware will function as intended. No one likes a wonky, wiggly handle!
- Maintenance: Choose hardware that's easy to clean and doesn't accumulate grime or fingerprints easily, especially if you have a busy kitchen.
Cabinet Handles 101 – Choosing the Right Fit
Choosing the perfect handles for your kitchen cabinets should be fun, not a chore! By keeping these few things in mind, you can make the decision-making process that much easier:
- Take a real close look at other design elements in your kitchen. From appliances to the bench top, take note of the colours and shapes around you. You can then find the perfect handles that will complement the rest of your space, without overpowering anything.
- Think about your daily interactions with the handles. Will you be opening and closing the cabinets quite often? Will your hands be dirty a lot of the time? Do you have kids around with messy fingers? Choose handles that are comfortable to grip and easy to clean.
- Of course, your budget is a huge consideration. Many people want to find high-quality handles but have a tight budget to work with. That’s why we focus on providing designer pieces that don’t come with the designer price tag. Quality doesn’t always have to mean exorbitant prices!
The beauty of kitchen renovations lies in the details. From the warmth of brass to the modern finesse of the perfect drawer handle, hardware pieces add the final, glistening touch to every kitchen. With our expansive range and these tips under your belt, you’ll always find a piece that resonates with your style and needs. Explore the range today and make your dream kitchen come to life.
GET THE LOOK: